Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sustainablility visit

Photobucket


1. What is your name and your role here at the farmers market?
A: Gloria Galuan, shopper

2. Why do you choose to shop here?
A: It's near my house and the prices are reasonable.

3: when did you first start coming here?
A: A long time ago, maybe about 15 years.

4: Do you garden at home? Why or Why not?
A: Yes, it helps save the environment.

5: How did you find out about this place?
A: I live near by, and I revieved their advertisments in the mail.

6: What would your advice to get others to do what you do?
A: I would keep telling them to come here, like i do.


To me it seemed like this store was just like any other grocery store I'd been too. It was pretty much what I expected because I was pretty sure it would be just like a Trader Joe's store, and it kind of was. I don't think I will start going to organic stores more often because that's not really my choice, it's my parents and I think they're pretty comfortable with the store they go to now, but this has motivated me to plant my own herbs and edible plants. Well I think that one of the main reasons why we did this project was to inform us on living sustainably, and by going and interviewing people who are doing so, we know what we can do to live more sustainably.

3 comments:

Little Livy said...

I'm also motivated to grow more herbs that will serve in the kitchen. In fact I got a free plant at the earth fair.

[Shigubaru] said...

It's nice that even though you can't control the store your parents go to, you want to try something out anyway like growing your own plants

Austin said...

I really like the way that the analysis is structured, with the conversational tone. I can really picture you inj class saying this, compared to the way I type and such.